So I finally decided on what to make for Januarys theme, contrast – a mountain pillow. My kid is getting a new bed and I thought a new pillow would be nice.
*Two pieces of fabric in contrasting colors, I went with linen. They grey one is 45*70 and the white one 30*50
1. First, cut out 2 triangles from the white fabric. At the bottom of the triangles, cut out smaller ones to form the snow.
2. Lay one of the white pieces on top of the grey, make sure that there aren’t any gaps between them and with a ruler or a measuring tape, mark guidelines for where to cut the grey fabric in order to get the full triangle.
3. Pin all the small triangles to the grey and with a straight stitch, sew them all down. Repeat with the other two pieces so that you have two looking the same.
4. Place the pieces with right sides towards each other, pin them together and sew around, but leave a 10-15cm gap at the bottom.
5. Trim any excess fabric on the sides, and cut of the corners.
6. Turn the pillow right side out and fill it with stuffing or fabric scraps or an old pillow.
7. Stitch the hole together, either by hand or with the machine.
This was my contribution for Januarys theme from Monthly makers, you can read more about the monthly makers here. My inspiration for this month theme you can find here and my Pinterest board for monthly makers here.